Navarjun is a design technologist with years of work experience. He likes to work in an environment/on projects that challenge him. He likes to learn about new things in science, chess, hiking etc.
You can download his full resume here.
Feel free to connect
I would love to get in touch with you amazing people out there.
You are welcome to use any of the following channels:
Master of Fine Arts (2018)
Information Design & Data Visualisation | 2016 – 2018
Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA
Bachelor of Engineering (2013)
Computer Engineering | 2009 – 2013
Thapar University, Patiala, PB, India
Team management, time management, agile methodologies, conflict resolution, Trello & JIRA, documentation.
Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD), Sketch, InVision, Figma.
Information is Beautiful Award
The Art of the March project was in the shortlist (top 10) for the 2018 Kantar IIB award.
Intellectual Contribution to the Graduate Community
Awarded for the competence towards thesis projects and volunteering as a teaching assistant.
Contributed to a book
Conducted an interview with regard to the Art of the March project, which is published in Design and Political Dissent: Spaces, Objects, Materiality with Routledge.
IxLab - Simon Fraser University
Research Associate | Full-time | March 2021 – Present
I am working as part of CCADI Vis Team with Dr. Sheelagh Carpendale.
- Working with Adobe Illustrator along with graphic designers for the interface.
- Conducting data sketching & visualisation technologies workshops for working professionals including professors.
- Managing a team of designers, developers and researchers.
- Maintain and deploy to a VPS server using ssh, ftp, Mongodb, Node.js, git etc.
Lecturer (Part-time) | Remote | Jan 2021 – April 2021
- Helped the students build data visualisation projects for their portfolios and submissions.
Web developer 2 (remote) | Vancouver | Oct 2020 – Feb 2021
- Developed the front-end web interface for the customer success team, based on customer requirements.
- Coordinated with backend team, deployment, clients using tools like JIRA, Git, Basecamp, Trello and zoom.
Airtel (Indian telecom)
UX/UI Designer | Freelance | May 2020 – Aug 2020
- Understood the design requirements for an upcoming home security platform using their market research.
- Designed the web interface for an upcoming home security product for the company using Figma.
Web Designer | Singapore | May 2019 – Feb 2020
- Understand the user behaviours for the platform with user interviews and tools like Fullstory.
- Designed/improved the user experience of the travel inspiration product. (conversion rate increased from 2.5% to 12.5%)
Arctic Marine Nutrient InfoVis
A project that aims to visualise the data collected by the Amundsen ship (Canadian exploration ship).
Art of the March
Developed (frontend and backend) an online archive and interactive presentation of protest signs and posters collected in the aftermath of the historic Boston Women’s March on January 21, 2017.
Story of the Swords of Middle-Earth
Collected data and designed an infographic to showcase the genealogy behind the swords of Lord of the Rings, and chronology of important events in the story.
It’s my time
Recorded my own digital device usage for a week and visualised the collected data.
Romania’s Data Portrait
A class project that took a form of an infographic poster which visualises different aspects of Romania.
Brand Design: Sundarbans Biosphere Reserve
A class project about branding which resulted in a brand guideline for Sundarbans, the largest river delta in the world. The guideline included logo for the reserve, logotype, brand colours, letterhead, envelope, business card, information sheet, magazine commercials, sign board, a book about Sunderbans and the fifth element.